The primary purpose of the position is to serve as a personal assistant to the Division Director (DD), Deputy Division Director (DDD), and Program Support Manager (PSM) and provides proposal processing and general office support to the other staff, as required.
Incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Screen telephone calls and visitors, personally handling matters of a non-technical or general nature and maintain the Division/Deputy Director's calendar, cancelling and rescheduling appointments when necessary.
- Respond to requests for information on a wide variety of topics from within National Science Foundation, other Federal agencies and members of the general public.
- Be the focal point for and provide logistical support to, interagency working groups, panels, committees and consultants including COVs.
- Develop and monitor a tracking and reporting system for a wide variety of items requiring action, approval and/or oversight by the Division Director, Deputy Division Director, and Program Support Manager.
- Develop standard office procedures covering the preparation of documents, filing of records, and handling of correspondence.
- Administer the publication clearance process.
- Maintain time and attendance records.
- Prepare proposal jackets for a variety of actions: award, declination, withdrawal, inappropriate for NSF, automated incremental actions, supplements, and no-cost extensions.
- Review funding and maintain financial records of program commitments on automated databases for assigned program areas.
- Prepare staff, invitational, and guest travel documents.
To qualify at the GS-8 level, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 Level in the Federal Service performing general office support functions utilizing office automation tools to support efficient program operations. Examples of specialized experience for this position include: screening telephone calls and visitors, and personally handling matters of an non-technical or general nature; responding to requests for information on a wide variety of topics from within an agency, other Federal agencies and members of the general public; developing and monitoring a tracking and reporting systems for a wide variety of items; developing standard office procedures covering the preparation of documents, filing of records, and handling of correspondence; and maintaining time and attendance records.
Typing Certification: You must be able to type at least 40 words per minute with 3 or less errors.
Experience refers to paid/unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) & other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, & skills & can provide valuable training/experience that translates directly to paid work. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Applicants must complete and submit an application online at the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) USAJOBS website at https://www.USAJOBS.gov. An account must be established at the OPM website following the instructions provided in order to apply for the position. Once you have completed the USAJOBS process, you will be re-directed to the USA Staffing system to complete your application process, answer the online questions, and submit all required documents. Applications submitted other than the USAJOBS online application WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED under this announcement.
- Applicants applying online for this position will be able to apply until 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of this announcement. Please allow adequate time to complete your application.
- If you encounter technical difficulties during the process, please submit a USA Staffing Help Ticket for assistance. If you have technical difficulties applying to the vacancy on the USAJOBS website, click on Contact USAJOBS. It is suggested that you do not wait until the last day to apply for a vacancy announcement. We will not accept applications other than those submitted through USAJOBS.
- As the applicant, it is your responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, and submitted is received and is accurate. Ensure that your application includes the required documents listed under "Required Documents" and that they are uploaded in the appropriate fields.
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of this application and hiring process, please notify the point of contact on this job opportunity announcement.