About this event
The National Science Foundation’s Smart and Connected Communities (S&CC) program recently released an updated solicitation. The program is now “No-deadline” and is accepting proposals at any time. Teams are encouraged to submit their proposals as soon as they are ready and are welcome to set up a time to speak with a program director to discuss questions.
For teams new to the S&CC program, this 90-minute informational webinar will provide:
· An overview of the S&CC program
· Details of the updated solicitation and important submission information for potential proposers across academia, community organizations, and state and local government
· Q&A with S&CC Program Directors
S&CC supports fundamental research that integrates technological and social science dimensions of smart and connected communities. Researchers are required to work with community stakeholders to identify local challenges and to co-develop and pilot solutions addressing these challenges. The program accelerates the creation of the scientific and engineering foundations that synergistically integrate intelligent technologies with the natural and built environments, including infrastructure, to improve the social, economic, and environmental well-being of communities.
The program supports projects in the following categories:
· S&CC Integrative Research Grants (SCC-IRG) Tracks 1 and 2. Awards in this category support fundamental integrative research that addresses technological and social science dimensions of smart and connected communities and pilots solutions together with communities. Track 1 proposals may request budgets ranging between $1,500,001 and $2,500,000, with durations of up to four years. Track 2 proposals may request budgets up to $1,500,000, with durations of up to three years.
· S&CC Planning Grants (SCC-PG). Awards in this category are for capacity building to prepare project teams to propose future well-developed SCC-IRG proposals. Each of these awards will provide support for a period of one year and up to $150,000.
To learn more about the program and its supported projects, visit the S&CC website.
Live captioning will be provided for the webinar. For other disability accommodations, please email email@example.com as soon as possible, but no later than March 1st.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.