About this event
The Division of Mathematical Sciences (DMS) is hosting virtual office hours to share information about NSF’s current operations and to provide guidance to the mathematical sciences community. All members of the mathematical sciences research community interested in the work of DMS are welcome to attend.
Virtual office hours are held at roughly monthly intervals; topics vary. The event will be in the form of a webinar, starting with a brief presentation of selected current topics, with DMS program directors available to answer questions from the community.
Registration and Access to the Webinar
Participants should register (and may do so in advance) at the web page
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
For help, contact Zoom Technical support at +1-833-966-6468 (+1-833-Zoom-Gov) or email email@example.com.
How to Submit Questions
Participants may submit questions in advance via the registration form or by sending e-mail to: DMS-VOH@nsf.gov. There will also be an opportunity to submit questions anonymously through the Zoom webinar Q&A feature.
Topics of Focus on May 14
- Overview of DMS operations and the impact of COVID-19
- A brief description of the Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (MSPRF) program
- A brief description of the Mathematical and Physical Sciences Ascending Postdoctoral Research Fellowships (MPS-Ascend) program; additional information here
- A brief description of the program Launching Early-Career Academic Pathways in the Mathematical and Physical Sciences (LEAPS-MPS) program; additional information here
- Presentation "Tips on how to write compelling proposals"