About the series
Please join the HSI Program as we celebrate HRDs 30th Anniversary. The Speaker Series will highlight current research on HSIs.
Webinars will occur every Wednesday for the month of September, 12:00 – 1:30pm (EST). Registration Links appear below each date description. Please note that all events are open to the public. Please make sure to check back regularly, as our speaker series is updated.
- The Current and Future State of HSIs - September 8th
Presenter(s): Excelencia: Dr. Deborah Santiago, CEO and Dr. Sarita Brown, President
Register in advance for this webinar: https://nsf.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_3RgztOBtSj2ph-iIigvcpg
For more info, please see the linked attachment below for September 8th
- Realizing the Potential of HSIs to Broaden Science Opportunities - September 15th
Presenter(s): Dr. Anne-Marie Nuñez, Professor, The Ohio State University
Register in advance for this webinar: https://nsf.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_4ArIfZ92QnCsSJRS5srHLA
For more info, please see the linked attachment below for September 15th
- Enhancing Servingness & Improving Undergraduate Education in STEM - September 22nd
Presenter(s): Dr. Gina Garcia, University of Pittsburg; Dr. Elba Serrano & Dr. Maria Elena Zavala, HSI STEM Hub
Register in advance for this webinar: https://nsf.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_ybDlboDmQwiBi4zcFLn8eQ
For more info, please see the linked attachment below for September 22nd
- Voces (Voices) from the Community - September 29th
Highlighted Projects discuss lessons learned from implementing their HSI projects: Each panelist talks about their projects in the context of “Servingness”, transforming their institution, the community of HSIs, and promoting the HSI Program goals
- Award# 1832507 PI Esther Wilder, A Faculty Development Program to Increase Students' Quantitative Reasoning Skills; Lehman College (CUNY)
- Award #1832553 PI Doris Espiritu, Building Bridges into Engineering and Computer Science; City Colleges of Chicago Wilbur Wright College
- Collaborative Award #1953560 (L)& # 1953586: Developing Engineering Instructional Faculty as Leaders of Educational Change at Hispanic-Serving Institutions; PIs Meagan Kendall (L) & Alexandra Strong; University of Texas at El Paso (L) & Florida International University
- Collaborative Award # 1832468: Building Capacity: A Collaborative Undergraduate STEM Program in Resilient and Sustainable Infrastructure; PIs: Carla Lopez del Puerto; University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez (L) & Humberto Cavallin; University of Puerto Rico- Rio Piedras
For more info, please see the linked attachment below for September 29th
You may view additional NSF speaker biographies here.