About the series
The National Science Foundation (NSF) is seeking to expand and sustain the network of Innovation Corps (I-CorpsTM) (hereinafter I-Corps) Nodes that work cooperatively to support the development of innovations that will benefit society. NSF plans to build upon the established National Innovation Network (consisting of I-Corps Nodes and Sites) to further support the needs for innovation research, education and training. The interconnected nodes of the network are expected to be diverse in research areas, resources, tools, programs, capabilities, and geographic locations -- providing the network with the flexibility to grow or reconfigure as needs arise.
I-Corps Nodes foster understanding on how to:
- identify, develop and support promising ideas that can generate value,
- create and implement tools, resources and training activities that enhance our nation's innovation capacity,
- gather, analyze, evaluate and utilize the data and insight resulting from the experiences of those participating in regional programs and
- share and leverage effective innovation practices on a national scale -- to improve the quality of life for the U.S. citizenry.
In addition, nodes must identify and are expected to implement plans for sustainable scaling of their efforts beyond the duration of NSF support.
An informational webinar will be held on Monday, January 9th from 3:00-5:00 p.m. ET to answer questions about the I-Corps Nodes program.
Access the audio portion of the webinar by phone
Dial in numbers: 888-464-1607
Participant passcode: 2392880
Access the visual portion of the webinar (meeting number 743 197 006) online:
· Note: Firefox is recommended for Mac users
· If requested, enter your name and email address.
· If a password is required, enter the meeting password: 2mYnMQP*
· Click "Join".
For assistance joining the meeting, go to https://nsf.webex.com/nsf/mc and click "Support" on the left navigation bar.
Note for First-Time Users: To check whether you have the appropriate players installed for UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files, go to https://nsf.webex.com/nsf/systemdiagnosis.php