The Decision, Risk and Management Sciences Program (DRMS) supports scientific research directed at increasing understanding and effectiveness of decision making by individuals, groups, organizations and society. DRMS supports research with solid foundations in theories and methods of the social and behavioral sciences. This social and behavioral science research should advance knowledge, address fundamental scientific and societal issues and have strong broader impacts. DRMS funds doctoral dissertation research improvement grants (DDRIGs) in the following areas:
- Judgement and decision making.
- Decision analysis and decision aids.
- Risk analysis, perception and communication.
- Societal and public-policy decision making.
- Management science and organizational design.
All research must be grounded in theory and generalizable. Purely theoretical or algorithmic proposals are not appropriate for DRMS DDRIG proposals.