About this event
The new CSSI solicitation (Cyberinfrastructure for Sustained Scientific Innovation) NSF 21-617 is now released with a submission deadline of December 8, 2021. This solicitation continues the CSSI program’s emphasis on integrated cyberinfrastructure services while also recognizing the importance of adaptation to the evolving research community needs as well as the continuing evolution of the computing landscape.
Among the changes reflected by the new solicitation are:
- The Program Description has been updated to introduce a new project class on “Transition to Sustainability.” This solicitation welcomes Elements, Framework Implementations, and Transition to Sustainability proposals.
- The description of the “Framework Implementations” class has been revised to encourage proposals for sharable and reusable multi-disciplinary cyberinfrastructure.
- A new “CI Professional Mentoring and/or Professional Development Plan” requirement has been introduced.
- Proposals may now include requests for high-throughput computing resources through the Partnership to Advance Throughput Computing (PATh) project supported by NSF.
- The Programmatic Areas of Interest section has been revised to reflect the most recent programmatic priority areas for the collaborating NSF directorates and divisions with respect to the CSSI solicitation.
- The proposals submitted in response to this solicitation must be prepared and submitted via Research.gov or via Grants.gov, and may not be prepared or submitted via FastLane.