The U.S. National Science Foundation Directorate for Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) advances research, innovation and education in computer science, information science and computer engineering fields. The directorate:
- Invests in research and education in all areas of computer and information science and engineering.
- Fosters broad interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Invests in cyberinfrastructure for all areas of science and engineering.
- Enables accessible participation in an information-based society.
- Develops a computing and information technology workforce with skills necessary for success in an increasingly competitive global market.
CISE funds the research and technology that connects the world.