About the series
The National Science Foundation (NSF) Convergence Accelerator is hosting the Convergence Accelerator Expo 2022, scheduled virtually for July 27 – 28, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EDT.
This exciting event highlights the NSF Convergence Accelerator’s portfolio in an exhibition format.
During the event, attendees will connect with NSF Convergence Accelerator funded research team and see live solution presentations from over 45 solutions across six convergence research track topics that are focused on national-scale societal challenges.
Featured Research Track Topics
- AI-Driven Data Sharing & Modeling
- AI & the Future of Work
- Open Knowledge Networks
- Quantum Technology
- Networked Blue Economy
- Trust & Authenticity in Communication Systems
Last year’s event drew over 2,000 registrants from academia, industry, nonprofit, and government across dozens of countries—and this year’s event is expected to be even larger.
EXPO 2022 TAKEAWAYS
- Engage 45+ innovation solutions focused on societal impact — A wide range of live presentations will be presented in each team’s exhibition booth
- Expand your network — Meet new people outside of your expertise, discipline, community, and sector
- Accelerate solutions into practice — Support a funded team in accelerating their solution forward through new partnerships or investments
- Engage in the Convergence Accelerator program — Learn about our unique differentiators
- Participate in the U.S. research and innovation enterprise — Develop and deliver technologies and solutions through NSF’s Directorate for Technology, Innovation and Partnership programs
- Dates and Time: July 27 – 28, 2022 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. ET
- Who should attend: Open to the public. Researchers, innovators, technology and business practitioners, and media from academia, industry, government, nonprofit, and other communities are encouraged to attend.
- Registration: To register for Expo 2022, visit nsf-ca-expo2022.vfairs.com. Registration is complimentary.
- Questions: For questions about Expo 2022, like closed captions support, email Convergence-Accelerator@nsf.gov
About the Convergence Accelerator
Research is often driven by a compelling societal or scientific challenge, but developing solutions can often take years. To deliver tangible solutions that have a nationwide societal impact and at a faster pace, the NSF launched the Convergence Accelerator program in 2019 and is currently aligned to the Directorate of Technology, Innovation and Partnership, or TIP. The program leverages a convergence approach and innovation processes to transition basic research into use-inspired convergence research solutions to solve high impact societal challenges. Innovation processes include human-centered design, user discovery, team science, communications, storytelling and pitching; and integration of multidisciplinary research and cross-cutting partnerships. Learn more about the Convergence Accelerator at beta.nsf.gov/funding/initiatives/convergence-accelerator.
About the Directorate of Technology, Innovation and Partnerships
TIP focuses on pivotal challenges and enhances the fundamental research that powers future technologies and solutions. By tapping into the full breadth of the nation's demography and geography, the directorate is meeting the nation's priorities by providing researchers and innovators with education, tools, and funding to accelerate the development of breakthrough technologies and speed solutions forward. TIP comprises three primary focus areas — fostering innovation and technology ecosystems, establishing translation pathways, and partnering across sectors to engage the nation's diverse talent. Learn more about TIP at beta.nsf.gov/tip/latest.