About the series
The first National Science Foundation Regional Grants Conference of fiscal year 2010, will be hosted by Jackson State University on October 5-6, 2009, in Jackson, MS.
Key officials representing each NSF program directorate, administrative office, the NSF Office of International Science & Engineering, Office of General Counsel, and Office of the Inspector General will participate in this two-day conference. The conference is considered a must, particularly for new faculty, researchers, educators and administrators who want to gain insight into a wide range of important and timely issues at NSF including: the state of current funding; the proposal and award process; and current and recently updated policies and procedures.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to NSF;
- NSF's proposal preparation and merit review process;
- Award management;
- Conflict of interest policies;
- New programs and initiatives;
- Cross-disciplinary and special interest programs; and
- Breakout sessions by discipline.