The Campus Cyberinfrastructure (CC*) program invests in coordinated campus-level cyberinfrastructure improvements, innovation, integration, and engineering for science applications and distributed research projects. Learning and workforce development (LWD) in cyberinfrastructure is explicitly addressed in the program. Projects that help overcome disparities in cyber-connectivity associated with geographic location, and thereby advancing the geography of innovation and enabling populations based in these locales to become more nationally competitive in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) research and education are particularly encouraged. Science-driven requirements are the primary motivation for any proposed activity.
CC* awards will be supported in seven program areas:
- Area (1) Data-Driven Networking Infrastructure for the Campus and Researcher;
- Area (2) Regional Connectivity for Small Institutions of Higher Education;
- Area (3) Network Integration and Applied Innovation;
- Area (4) Campus Computing and the Computing Continuum;
- Area (5) Regional Computing;
- Area (6) Data Storage; and
- Area (7) Planning Grants and CI-Research Alignment.
Kevin L. ThompsonProgram Director, CISE/OAC
Deepankar MedhiProgram Director, CISE/CNS
Subrata AcharyaProgram Director, CISE/CNS
Nicholas GoldsmithAssistant Program Director, CISE/CNS
Pinhas Ben-TzviProgram Director, OD/OIA/EPSCoR