Apply to the program
Bring your skills to NSF's Summer Scholars Internship Program and gain experience working on science and engineering policy, research and education issues and programs. Apply through the following organizations:
- The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities internship program has provided paid internships to thousands of students since 1992. HACU's mission is to promote the development of member colleges and universities; to improve access to and the quality of postsecondary educational opportunities for Hispanic students; and to meet the needs of business, industry and government through the development and sharing of resources, information and expertise.
- The Quality Education for Minorities Network is dedicated to improving education from underrepresented students throughout the nation by providing technical assistance to minority-serving Institutions, funding internship opportunities for underrepresented students, and advocating for college and career readiness in STEM.
Credit: National Science Foundation
The 2021 class of NSF's Summer Scholar interns meeting with the NSF Director, Sethuraman Panchanathan.
Other opportunities for students
Students interested in a research-based experience are encouraged to apply to various opportunities offered by NSF, including:
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates
- Engineering Research Centers
- Material Science and Engineering Centers
View additional NSF programs for Undergraduate Students and Graduate Students.
For more information on the NSF Summer Scholars Internship Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.