About the series
Existing routing solutions in wired or wireless networks do not appear to be capable of withstanding either
a) adaptive denial of service attacks (i.e., jamming/blocking routing paths used by the algorithm)
b) Byzantine behavior of arbitrary subsets of network nodes (i.e., massive amounts of network nodes, say, 99%, conspire to confuse the remaining reliable 1% of network nodes) We will discuss some recent techniques for handling such attacks in wireless networks.
About the Lecturer:
Baruch Awerbuch is a professor of Computer Science at Johns Hopkins University. Prior to Hopkins he has been a research associate and faculty at the MIT Laboratory For Computer Science and MIT Mathematics Department. His current research interests are peer-to-peer computing, network security, wireless networks, distributed systems, and combinatorial optimization.
**The Information Science Institute of the University of Southern California has also agreed to provide a downloadable version of this presentation. **
** The downloadable link will be made available shortly after the presentation **
*Alternate Link, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser location bar http://www.ngi-supernet.org/conferences.html
In order to view this Webcast, you must have RealPlayer installed on your computer. For more information on Realplayer, check out Real.com or click on the links below to download the player. You can download and install the FREE version of RealPlayer 8 Basic from Download.com: Macintosh | Windows (All versions)